Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taco Tuesday

I don't know why, but Tuesdays are always connected to Tacos... So Ms. Ordinary came and brought a peace offering for leaving me on Saturday of Ricos Tacos Lupe el pastor tacos.    They were pretty good... not as greasy delicious as El Camino Real el pastors.. a little cleaner taste being on the Boulevard.  But a consensus of better beef.  Maybe just more flavor.  The yelp review was not on spot.... Salsa pretty good, but I like it chunky.  If you like the cleaner taste of street tacos, I guess this would be a great place for you.  As for me, I like greasy spoons and hope one day I don't have to ask for a slice of pineapple.


Steak and el pastor
Rico's Tacos Lupe




::Update::
So after a long day of working and then running around doing errands, finally caught some dinner late at good ol' Rainbow Cafe with Mrs.Tasty.  I picked her up because the Mr. was deep in test taking and she was super bored.  So I made her run my errands with me.  It's always nice to have a partner in crime.  And she's never seen the cafe where I get my coffee beans. 


It's a dark coffee shop, where people can spend hours doing nothing but talk about politics and the finer qualities of a good bean and roast.  He's been wanting to buy some sushi boxes from my mom and trade them for coffee beans.  The way prices are going these days, I might have to take him up on it.  More work and earlier rise from me, but it should be worth it.  


Every time I go to the shop there's some very strange person just hanging around.  A couple times there was this cigar smoking guy just having an espresso and smoking a "cigar" in his car.  Weirdos flock to coffee shops and sushi bars.  FOR Real.  My Cafe would be the perfect place for all of them to gather.   Anyways.  One of the best cup of coffee you'll ever have is here, because he's super into coffee.  More than I am or ever will be.  RevoCup.  


After going to Oriental Market, we headed to Chung's Rainbow Cafe.  I wanted to try the deep fried seaweed noodles rolls.  They were pretty good.  Noodles were tender.  Outside was a good soft crunch.  Then had the sweet and sour beef and spicy noodles (ttang soo yuk and jjang pong).  They were not as good as usual.  But best thing was we ran into one of our church pastors and he bought us dinner!  El Pastor indeed!  So my total for eating out yesterday was = $0.  


food: 0pts vs. d'&mrs.tasty: 1pt
Carnage (forgot to take one before)

No comments:

Post a Comment