Monday, April 4, 2011

Blue Monday...

My ice machine decided it was the time to defrost... No ice.  Late morning.  No baked goods. And after a weekend of eating too much, my tummy was angry at me last night.  Not a good morning for me.  But I am grateful that on Saturday nothing was ruined when some water flushed into my back room.  Amazingly.  

Too busy on Sunday to take any pictures of my eats.  I do have to say I got to finally try the Bankok Pavillion's weekend buffet.  They add a bowl of meatball pho. It was really good.  Like how my friend makes pho... but only meatballs to add to it.  No sliced beef.  It was a fantastic buffet, though. And at $15.02 for the buffet, tax, and tip, it was well worth the trip.  Thai food is typically too expensive, especially when you want to try all different kinds of dishes.  It usually is about $15 a person.  And here you can try everything.

My friend's hubby was disappointed because he got tricked into going to mexican food instead after church.  He thought everyone was going to the same place, but the guys ended at Dos Reales, and the ladies went to thai food.  Hhahahah...

It was Big Mama's birthday too.  And I wasn't intending to eat a big lunch before hand, but when the suggestion came out, I couldn't say no.  I had to sleep it off all day after lunch.  So tired and full.  But by dinner time, I still was not feeling hungry and still a little tired.  But couldn't let her down.  She loves noodles, and we were going to take her to Red Snapper for some jjang pong.  But the brother had a job to do that day and didn't get home until late.  So, like she always does, she took charge and started on dinner hersself.  I couldn't let her make her own birthday dinner, so I intervened and cooked.  She had prepared some gahlbi and marinated pork steaks the day before.  Like it was all planned out.  But I guess  she just had a back up plan in case we didn't do anything for her.  Women, I feel, do these things so they don't feel so bad when they get disappointed.  But also she does it to prepare for the week too.  It was kind of like when I was watching this Japan special on New Years celebrations.  Women aren't suppose to cook on the New Year day, so they spend all week preparing dishes for the day-night.  So it's not that they don't do anything to make dinner on the New Year's, they just do all of the work before so they just put things together on the actual day.

I felt jipped out of doing something nice for my mom, but I guess it was just easier and more comfortable for everyone.  We eat like kings and queens all the time even when we are dead broke.  I don't know how she does it, but I guess that's the benefit of owning a food service business and having an awesome cook for a mom.  Afterwards we played a mean game of hahtt to.  A Korean card game.  She's the only one who knows the rules, so she had an advantage on me.  But by the end I kind of figured the way to get more points, but still got clobbered by her.  Oh well... Happy birthday to my beautiful amazing Big Mama. Back to my blue and grey Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment