Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eating My Way Through the Week

So.... I haven't been updating daily.  So now I have a lot of meals to write about and no memories left of all of them... I'll do my best recall most of them...  But the main feature will be of BlueStem's happy hour.

I've been doing a lot of experimental cooking at the cafe.  Just because I'm hungry and can't think right.
I wanted to try fish tacos, so I grilled some salmon with teriyaki sauce.  It was pretty good.


Top: grilling the salmon.  Bottom: finished product.

Then for breakfast one day I just ate a piece of whole wheat toast and slices of pork belly I made that morning for tacos/rice bowls.  It was soooo fatty delicious.  I don't know what this world would be like if no one discovered pork, except a sad one with no rainbows.  Pork belly is almost like bacon but uncured.  

Spicy bacon sandwich.

Hahaha.... I'm okay.  No heart attacks yet.  Eating at home helped balance some of that out... Hopefully.  Lastly I would like to present the most wonderful find I found at the asian market:

Blurry Baby Spoon.

Uh.. For the sauce fiends out there... This has to be the best idea ever.  It's a baby spoon that can scrape off all the sauce on the bottom of the bowl.  Fingers and tongues are no longer needed!  Whip this out and you can taste the last of the pudding, or peanut sauce.  OR ice cream!  Just some food for thought.  Kekeke...

Bluestem

Anyone knows of this restaurant, knows how expensive you can have a meal here.  But during their happy hour, M-F until 7pm, you can have their lounge menu for half off.  Such a great deal.  It's not cheap by no means, we spent about $24 with tax and tip each.  Still an amazing deal.  $7 martinis.  

Bar.

I arrived late so the food was cold and eaten.  My friends started without me.  But it still was good. 

Martini (d'licious!  but can't recall the name.)



 Mussels in a coconut cream garlic sauce.

Smoked salmon plate.


Dessert.  That's rose water foam on top of the chocolate.

Chocolate cake.  Homemade marshmellow.

Beef Tartare.

Me tearing up the beef tartare.

Blogging is tiring.  Sorry that's all for now.  






No comments:

Post a Comment