Friday, April 1, 2011

A fool's paradise..

Yesterday I had an eating adventure with the young blood, Mouth.  He's bought so many Groupons this past year and never gets a chance to use any of them because as a consultant, he's usually out of town.  I sacrificed myself for the greater good of his addiction to Groupons.  

During the day I was running back and forth from the restaurant supply store to the cafe.  I bought a big case of cucumbers for my mom and thought they shorted me... I ended up having to keep the shorted cucumbers case because they all were like that.  I guess having really large cucumbers caused the bushels to contain a little more than half of the 72 that usually is in a bushel.  But they still were cheaper to buy than the 24 cases.  I'm sick of everything getting more expensive.  Vegetables especially.  Cucumbers doubled in price... Avacados are ridiculous... ugh.  

So by the time I went back to the cafe I was starving.  Had to make myself a sandwich.  

Spicy pork belly sandwich.  Avacados and cabbage on a french baguette.  I live like a queen on a pauper's budget.  And topped with some Night of the Living Dead sauce!

But I got bored again later in the day.  It was very slow after my helper left.  I was getting so bored and finished my side work.  So I got out the leftover steak from Cafe Trio.  Juno didn't want any leftover, but it was such a waste.  I heated it up on my grill and ate it as a snack.  I don't think the grill was hot enough nor did I leave it on long enough... But it was a great snack before dinner.  Should've added some barbeque sauce to it too... there wasn't enough of the grill onions to flavor it.  I didn't get to eat it right away so it ended up being cold.  Sad.

Leftover Ribeye Steak from Cafe Trio.

Finally, six rolled around and I was frantically cleaning up, getting ready to leave.  Mouth was waiting for me so I made him clean out some of my coffee pots.  Hahha.. don't ask me if there's something you can help with when I'm busy getting stuff done.  I'll really take you up on your offer.  

We drive over to RBar.  My favoritest bar, but the most out of the way, in the middle of nowhere place.  I was right down the street earlier at Restaurant Depot, for my cucumbers, but for normal people, this is a random place to put a bar.  But people go out of their way to eat and drink here.  I didn't try their food last time, but when my cousins were in town during a Christmas vacation, we checked out their bar.  It was the best drinks I've had, but with a hefty price tag.  Funny thing was, we went here first and then went to Zoo Bar afterwards to check that place out too.  Hahha... totally different place.  That place kinda felt like the place should have been in Columbia/Moberly, Mo, where our adopted Gpa used to live.  Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, in a dingy, hole in the wall, kind of place.  

The Wood, RBar.

 Anyways, I started out with a cocktail, The Woods.  Pretty good, and served in a copper cup.  Makes the drink super cold and with a lot of ice.  It took me the whole time there to finish it.  Not because I'm not a drinker, but because the ice never felt like it melted, so the ice was really thick getting through to the drink.  I want to drink my summer drinks in that cup.

Mouth got an assortment of many drinks.  All really carefully made, to the original form.  Get anything there... I'm sure it'll be made with love and tender care.

We ate some bar food and appetizers to go along with the drinks.  Juicy chicken wings, free range, extra crispy fries, we think i was battered in deliciousness, crabby crab cake.  And then I wanted some greens, so order "broccoli salad".  Best thing we ate.  Deep fried macaroni noodles layered with avacados, some sauce, and sliced up broccolis.  Not the healthiest, but quite yummy!  So funny eating out with Mouth because it's almost a date but more relaxing because he's like my little brother.  At one point I asked him his favorite place he's traveled to while consulting, and realized, man, this is like practice dating for me.  Puahhaha... I need all the help I can get.

Sorry all pictures are so dark.
Fries, chicken wings, and crab cake.

Same picture with a little lighting in the middle.

"Broccoli Salad"
Too dark.

All in all, after a $40 Groupon, five drinks, four small plates, we still ended up with a $33+tip tab, which we split.  Hahah... Not a cheap meal, but good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment